Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Justification


The truth is that ever since my relationship with Adam heated up to an extreme level, there is no physical need that must be met by Nate. And yet, that is the irony of my situation. In Adam’s words, I must either seduce Nate and tell him the details, or he’ll stop every tantalizing move he makes on me. Leave it to me to fall for a guy with a fetish for naughty stories.

But Nate was my client. He needed me to behave as a counselor, not a date. Besides, if I got involved with Nate, I was sure to fall for his kindness, his gentle side, everything that was the very opposite of the passion that Adam brought out in me. It was messing with my head so I decided to meet Kat and Ashton because when a therapist needs advice, she turns to her best girlfriends.

“Let me get this straight,” Kat said while sipping her latte. “Adam is the hardcore sex god and Nate is the sensitive gorgeous one.”

“Well, if I’m going to be honest, they’re both gorgeous.”

Kat turned to Ashton. “Can I say that I hate her?”

“No, we’re supposed to be her best friends,” Ashton teased. “Honestly Mia, your problems are akin to winning the lottery. Other than potentially losing your therapist’s license, I’d say it’s a win-win.”

Kat agreed. “Totally. Adam gets off on your stories about Nate and rewards you with the kinkiest and hottest sex of your life. Nate has been emotionally damaged by his wife so what’s the harm in giving him a little bit of what he obviously needs?”

“Are you two justifying my having sex with a client? What if someone gets attached?” I answered automatically.

Kat was equally quick to reply. “That wouldn’t happen. Adam is young and from what you’ve said, not the type for a serious relationship. And Nate is separated from his wife, who I shouldn’t have to remind you has repeatedly rejected him. He’s not ready for another serious relationship.”

And that’s when Ashton came up with words of sheer wisdom. “Why don’t you just consider what you’re doing with Nate as part of his therapy?”

I left them to go to my office and think things through before my afternoon appointments. I had been counseling Nate for three weeks and the first time that he had truly opened up was when things nearly got out of control between us. 

Maybe Ashton was right. Adam got off on my stories. Nate needed a confidence boost. Since I didn’t have a good enough imagination to make up stories for Adam, getting involved with Nate seemed like the best way to help him while also ensuring that the hottest love affair of my life continued. And to think that all it would require was sleeping with two devastatingly handsome men.

No comments:

Post a Comment