Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sexual Cyrano


I’d spent another night imagining what I would do with Nate if he weren’t my client. I had been too transparent in describing his tenderness because it sparked Adam’s interest, a man who was so opposite of Nate and yet, equally compelling.
“You look like something’s bothering you,” he noted.
“One of my clients is going through a bad patch,” I answered before heading to the bleachers. With lightening reflexes, he reached for my arm and led me into the field office. 
“You like this guy.”
“He’s my client. Of course, I do.”
“I mean, you’re attracted to him.”
Something about the way Adam slowly whispered “attracted” made me sense a spark between us as well.
“Tell me about him,” Adam insisted.
My mind flashed to my session with Nate earlier that day. He walked into my office standing tall, doing his best to hold onto his pride in the wake of his wife’s infidelity. But once the doors closed, a tenderness was revealed along with his fears that he hadn’t satisfied his wife and was therefore responsible for what happened. 
“You wanted to prove that he was wrong, didn’t you?” Adam urged.
“Don’t be ridiculous.”
Adam moved closer to me, staring into my eyes. It was undoubtedly that moment when a kiss follows, and so I closed my eyes. The waiting was agony. I could feel his breath on my neck. His lips barely grazing my skin, until he allowed his tongue to weave its way from my collar bone up my neck. I realize I had been holding my breath, which I finally let out when all movement ceased. I opened my eyes cautiously and was utterly surprised by what was in front of me -- an empty room. 
He had disappeared to the field leaving me breathless and wanting more.
“What was that?” I asked when practice wound down. I didn’t care that there were still a few straggling boys hanging around the field.
“That was a prelude. You tell me what Nate says and I’ll tell you how to get him.”
“He’s my client. I don’t want to ‘get’ him.”
“You do.”
Maybe it was because I was newly single and still stinging from the rejection, but I did want Nate, and even worse, I wanted Adam as well.
“That’s perverse. Why would you do that?”
“Let’s just say I like hearing all the sordid details of other people’s sex lives. I also know how men think. I’ll tell you how to get this guy.”
“I can’t discuss clients. And I certainly can’t do anything with them.”
“That’s too bad,” he said before brushing a hair from my face, using feather like touches to tuck it behind my ear and then trace the outline of my jaw. “I would have rewarded you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment