Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Professional Affair


After my session with Laura, I started to fear about the effect a potential affair might have on Nate. His wife had left him so vulnerable; it seemed wrong to get physically involved, particularly since he relied on me to be a confidante. I paced the length of my office nervously, waiting for him to arrive and tried to figure out if it were possible to remain on professional terms. 

The minute Nate walked into my office, all doubt disappeared. He appeared practically broken as he sat on my couch. I sat down next to him and without saying a word, I folded my arms around him. My head rested lightly on his broad shoulder and instinctively his hand pressed into the small of my back. He turned his head into my hair and inhaled ever so gently.

“You smell amazing and you feel so good,” he said in a tone that had a tinge of sadness.  

I didn’t move away as I didn’t want to risk the conversation stopping. “Tell me what’s bothering you.”

“I realized driving over here that I can’t remember the last time my wife let me touch her. I used to think the problem was us, as a couple. But what if it’s me? Maybe I’m not worthy.”

And with those words it became very easy for me to do what Adam had requested of me. I could see how being intimate with Nate could actually help him. My face was still so close to his. All I had to do was turn my cheek slightly and our eyes would meet. It would be so easy and I couldn’t think of a reason not to...

“It’s not you,” I said as I glanced down at his mouth. Nate instinctively met my lips with his own. It wasn’t urgent the way it was with Adam. Instead, it was soft and tentative. Nate was sweet, but it quickly became clear that he was not without needs. 

His kiss grew more intense as his tongue searched mine, but in contrast to the urgency of his kiss, his hand trailed up my back ever so gently and then came to rest on my ribcage. 

I was so aware of the proximity of his hand, resting just under my breast. God how I wanted him to touch me. His mouth was now trailing light kisses down my neck. “Is this okay?” he asked in barely a whisper.  A small moan escaped my mouth as his hand finally found its way to my breast and Nate uttered into my ear, “God, you are so beautiful. I’ve wanted to kiss you for so long.” 

I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck and leaned toward him. He pressed his hips toward me -- his hardness apparent. But in a moment of agonizing clarity, he backed up. “Are you only doing this because you’re worried about rejecting me?”

It was the farthest thing from the truth. “Are you kidding me? If I had to come up with a reason to stop, saving your ego would not be it.”

“But should we stop?” he asked before returning to layer my skin with kisses, slowly moving his mouth to the point where my blouse opened slightly.

“I don’t want you to stop, but...it would be the professional thing to do.” I wasn’t thinking clearly. Hopefully, he wasn’t either.

“Fuck professionalism,” he said before reaching for the buttons on my blouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment